Re: Topics, files and drawings

Subject: Re: Topics, files and drawings
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@gn.apc.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 21:12:18

and Ron Swinden, temporarily masquerading as <BOLFAM4@aol.com> replied:

>Rowland Carson will
>give you all the Gen. He is ... the treasurer
>of the Europa Club.

What? What? Is this another job I've volunteered for? No, must be the heat
in USA getting to Ron's working parts ... Dot's the treasurer, I'm the
membership secretary.

Anyway, I _am_ the person to speak to about Europa Flyer back numbers as
well as general Europa Club membership matters.

However, at the risk of doing myself out of business, I will repeat here
the few words describing the "Swinden Sander" in Europa Flyer issue #1
(there's also a picture but in my copy it is a bit indecipherable so
doesn't add much).

"These are made with either square section galvanised electrical conduit
tube, or from square section plastic gutter downpipe. He fills each end
with foam and makes a hole at one end into which he fits his vacuum cleaner
tube. Half inch holes are drilled at intervals on the sanding face and
through the production paper, which is glued to the surface."

I just noticed that included in the bottom of my photos of Jon Tye's resin
balance at Doncaster is what appears to be a commercial version of Ron's
vacuum sander, with the brand name "Tex". Examination of the print under a
glass reveals that the firm is just down the road from me in Colchester.
They're in the phone book as:

Tex Abrasives plc
Viking Works
113 Greenstead Road
Colchester
Essex
CO1  2ST

phone 01206 790389

Also at the same address are

Tex Abrasives (UK) Ltd

phone 01206 870366

Maybe the person who brought the sample along to the seminar could say
something about cost & efficacy. The one in the picture looks little bigger
than a "Surform" - but Ron's design can be scaled up much longer if
required.

cheers

Rowland

... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...