Water pump housing

Subject: Water pump housing
From: Klaus Dietrich <101613.3377@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 09:36:03
I suppose I was not the only one having problems with repositioning of the
angled pipe fittings.
As in the instruction I tried to heat the outlets with my electrical heatgun -
model with 1.500 Watts - but even after half an hour heating nothing moved. I
than tried in our kitchen oven at 250  C for more than half  an hour - but again
nothing.
Success came after purchasing a simple welding torch operated with liquid
propane/butane gas (model Rothenberger multigas 300 -  costing about GBP 15,--).
The flame is obviously much hotter and it finally took me about 5 minutes
heating for each flange to soften the Loctite.
So be aware that a heatgun with anything below 1.600 Watt just does not work.

Klaus Dietrich, Vienna