RE: Rooting for Europa

Subject: RE: Rooting for Europa
From: tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 02:04:41

G-EMIN 83 wrote

>The fabrication of wing root fairings is tedious done the factory way.
>Lengths of plastic guttering are available for a few pounds from DIY
>stores. The smallest (UK) is almost a semicircle of about 3.5" dia. and
>cut down the middle gives two 90 deg. sections which are readily bent to
>conform to the wing profile to within a couple of inches of the leading
>edge. The surface is perfectly smooth so you can either use them as
>moulds instead of profiling foam for bid roots, or even simpler, bond
>them to the surface directly as roots in their own right.

I believe Graham Singleton makes root fairings for those with even less
desire to get into the plumbing business.

Tony
Europa #272
Building workshop and waiting for my ship to get in!
Tony S Krzyzewski            Kaon Technologies Ltd
Reply to tonyk@kaon.co.nz    L7, 19 Victoria St West
Date: 12/03/96                 Auckland, New Zealand
Time: 13:04:42                 Ph +64 9 358 9124