Re: Limited retraction.

Subject: Re: Limited retraction.
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 15:47:18
Reply to Graham Clarke
>>you don't get full flap either>  Don't follow that,<<

Not surprised. I'm not sure I understand it fully either.

When first set up we had 26 deg flap travel, but with the original horn FL21 set
to give max movement. When finally rigged (almost ) ready to fly we found we had
only 24 deg, we had to fit the new extended FL19 to get fulltravel. My guess is
that the accumulated weight/friction /backlash/loads caused by the outriggers
conspire against the flexibility  of  the mechanism to reduce the flap travel.

BTW we use a cheap 2 ton car trolley jack with a bolt on adapter to jack up the
plane on the outer ends of the swing arm pivot tube. Dave Dufton's idea.
Graham