Rudder push rod

Subject: Rudder push rod
From: Graham Clarke <gemin@cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 1996 21:59:05
I think I have read somewhere that there is a problem with this where it
comes through the rear bulkead.  There certainly is with mine. With the
number of washers shown and a long enough bolt (AN4-32A, not AN4-13A as
shown) at the tail wheel crank end, the hole in the bulkhead is too high
to allow the centre line of the rod to reach the hinge on the rudder 6
1/2" up from the bottom of the rudder.  Neither lowering the hole (it
would cut into the Alu. bulkhead reinforcement) or raising the bracket on
the rudder (it would lie then above the span of the hinge) seems a
satisfactory answer. What have the flying ones done ?

gemin