Re: Engines and Props

Subject: Re: Engines and Props
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 1995 20:31:14
>>the
912 is a bit bull-nosed with a very large spinner.<<

IMHO it isn't the big spinner that makes the Europa look blunt it's the cowling.
Look at a Mustang or Spitfire. You need the big spinner to hide the thick
useless bits ( useless except for holding the useful bits together) of the
propeller.

I'm a bit concerned about the weight of the EA81. If only because it inevitably
must be subtracted from the allowed gross weight of 1300 lbs. Cuts down the
payload.

Here are some part weights from our aeroplane, G-KWIP. All finished and painted.

Tailplane 23 1/2 lbs total.
Rudder 6 lbs
Wings 180 lbs including flaps ailerons and outriggers.
Doors 9 lbs each.
Cowlings 14 lbs
Fuselage 429 including engine
Instr Panel 27 lbs
Prop9 lbs

Looks like we are going to be around 760 lbs. 912 BTW

Graham