Misc

Subject: Misc
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 20:13:15
>>With regard to weight, I am surprised nobody has answered our comments with
regard to using full sheets peel ply adding
weight and less constructional strength, Seems a serious problem to us.<<

If too much resin is taken out of a layup on a foam core it is possible air will
be pulled into the layup from the foam. No foam is truly closed cell. Presumably
one shouldn't vacuum bag foam

core parts but it is done. The trouble with peel ply is you can't see through it
to check what's going on underneath. Either way if you sqeegee too hard the
glass weave is distorted, it then relaxes back to it's natural shape and draws
air in behind it. Not normally a problem, you can see when the layup begins to
look white.

Graham