Q-cell

Subject: Q-cell
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 19:30:37
>>can I substitute fairlite for Q-cell  in making up slurry for layups?>>
Yes, in fact Europa are now supplying Q cell for this purpose. It's cheaper.
The Microlite is much easier to sand. OTH it's not as durable and 200 kts in
rain will knock it about.Then again Q cell with West System resin is easy sand.
When slurrying foam mix it as dry as you can get away with and scrape off as
much as possible. Place the glass before adding more resin, not as the book
says, that will stir up the micro into the glass. Undesireable. Also much easier
to place the glass and move it about. Only problem is the biaxial cloth, harder
to wet out. I think I would still do it my way though.
Graham