Wing Root fillets

Subject: Wing Root fillets
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 1995 20:14:47
>>I would actually welcome a bit of extra drag with flaps
down).  <<

I suspect I would too. The fillet radius is about 2 inches and extends to the
flaps so that the flap actuator slots are covered flaps up. It may well have an
effect flaps down, as you suggest a different vortex pattern. Worst case would
be a trim change. As you will know there is no trim change on the standard
Europa between 80kts flaps up and 60 kts flaps down. Just a considerable and
very useful change in attitude.

Weight should be less cost about L90. Firewall looks like being L60.

>>thrust from cooling (a la P51) only works
at relatively high Mach nos.<<

That's a pity. Does that mean a shock wave is required to achieve flow through
the duct?

Graham