Post curing

Subject: Post curing
From: Martin J.Tuck <102034.2747@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 20:53:13
Yes I believe Graham Singleton is right, once post cured everything should
remain put - that after all is why you post cure (well that's the way I
understand it).

Here in Kansas this summer it did get up into the 40 deg C's for a few days - in
fact my garage was probably a couple of degs higher. The fuselage showed no
signs of any problems, although I don't think I'll be closing the doors down
during the summer months if the gas struts expand so - thanks for the advice.

I am timing the completion and post curing of my airframe for next summer!

A tip I would pass on is not to set your flying surfaces up - do your bonding or
whatever and leave the remaining excess epoxy pot on your surfaces. Mine
exothermed (90 deg ambient) and locally expanded the foam in the tailplane (in
my case) which resulted in a slight bump in an otherwise perfectly smooth
surface. Fortunately I was able to blend out the 0.5mm or so bump with a bit
more filler and its all smooth again but be warned, exotherming pots do get hot!

Regards

Martin Tuck
Builder #152
Wichita, Kansas