Re: Europa Wing Leading edge

Subject: Re: Europa Wing Leading edge
From: Marc LeFevre <marcl@hpbs2412.boi.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 1995 11:57:30
>Since we are involved in the area of kitplane support, composite tooling and
>construction,  do you folks think there would be an intertest in a wing kit
>for the Europa which would use more "standard" construction methods (i.e.
>premolded skins?

I certainly think that simplifying the construction of the most critical
part of the airplane would be a GREAT help.  My main concern is what such an
option would do to the price.  I haven't decided what plane to build yet,
but I'm seriously considering the Europa and the RV-4/6.  Europa's main
disadvantage is cost.  The RV's main disadvantages are economy of operation
(compared to Europa) and cost to tool up to build the airplane.  The
kit itself is less than half the cost of the Europa kit.

Marc LeFevre

Europa builder wannabe