Re: Cost and construction time for a Europa?

Subject: Re: Cost and construction time for a Europa?
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@gn.apc.org>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 1995 11:40:15
PHILIP POLSTRA wrote:

>What is the approximate cost and construction time for a Europa?
>Does the company have an e-mail address?

I was at the factory on Wednesday last for a trial flight and collected the
latest price list, valid from 1 Sep 95. For the mono-wheel version (who
would choose anything else?) the total price for the 3 airframe kits,
including packing, delivery in UK, UK VAT, etc, is 15721.50 UK pounds.
Engine installation package is 2796.50, and Rotax 912 engine is 7105.34
plus 290.81 for the recommended slipper clutch to protect the
gearbox/crankshaft against prop strikes. The trailer is 1568.63.

One of the 3 customer-built examples at the PFA rally was shown in primer,
quoting 1250 hours so far. You might do it in a wee bit less if you're
experienced, or a _lot_ more if you are aiming for a prize-winning finish.

The parent factory in Yorkshire is not (yet!) online, but you can contact
the US operation through Roger Sheridan at:

europa@gate.net

Could we use a FAQ in this list soon? No, the archives are probably still
small enough to scan through easily.

cheers

Rowland

... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...