Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912is / 912iSc

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912is / 912iSc
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 10:34:09
Fellow Rotax owners:
Having worked with Jason Parker on the SDS setup, I am not surprised by
the requirements, electrical, fuel and air will change.
Eric's wedding takes precedence over the review of the new manuals for
this week.

Concerns I have, like you:
ECU will be proprietary you can bet.  Dealer only settings etc.
Rotax will have a special class on it you for sure.
Plumbing will be tight with two pumps and revised air intake.
I had hopes they would use an engine driven pump but if it needs dual
alternators, one can bet it is dual electric pumps.
    Are the pumps in the fuselage only, and now must we contend with 40
psi fuel in the fuselage.  Quite the hazard.
    Are the pumps designed to be in the engine compartment. which is
safer in a crash if proper fuel shutoffs are included.
    This would allow a retrofit to any kit without changing normal Rotax
plumbing.
    Rotax is not keen on making things retrofitable, so I doubt any of
us current owners will benefit.  I hope I am wrong.
    I know that putting the Jason Parker setup with turbo fuel injection
didn't warrant the cost as it would be years to get payback,
    so learn to service the carbs was my opinion.

Many more questions abound, but I will patiently wait for a proper
manuals and documentation review.

Damn, just as I really got proficient with the dual bings and could make
them sing, another thing to go wrong and have to learn how to fix.

Regards,
Bud Yerly
Custom Flight Creations, Inc.
www.customflightcreations.com<http://www.customflightcreations.com/>