RE: Europa-List: Coolant Temps.

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Coolant Temps.
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 13:40:16

Ian=2C

I am not 100% sure as I hadn't flown for a long time. But on a hot day in t
he climb my warning light used to come
on because of hot OIL. The coolant radiator gets most of the incoming air
=2C and the oil cooler gets pre-heated air.
What was the reason again for changing to the 1.2 bar cap ?
What temperature differentials for coolant/oil are you getting ?

From: g-iani@ntlworld.comTo: europa-list@matronics.comSubject: RE: Europa-L
ist: Coolant Temps.Date: Wed=2C 2 Jul 2008 09:20:48 +0100

Are you sure that this behaviour is new?  I would normally expect the groun
d temp to be higher due to the limited airflow but the oil has not had time
 to warm up fully.  Climbing temps would be higher due to the engine workin
g hard and thus raising the head temperatures and so the coolant.

Although not relevant to you problem are you going to change to the 1.2 bar
 cap.

Ian Rickard G-IANI XS Trigear=2C 200 hoursEuropa Club Mods Rep (Trigear)e-m
ail mods@europaclub.org.uk     or direct g-iani@ntlworld.com

From: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com [mailto:owner-europa-list-serv
er@matronics.com] On Behalf Of Karl HeindlSent: 01 July 2008 22:07To: europ
a-list@matronics.comSubject: Europa-List: Coolant Temps.
 After changing all coolant hoses and coolant 50/50 I am now getting much h
igher coolant temperatures while taxiing and climbing=2C typically 25 C abo
ve the oil temperature. In the cruise the temperatures are all within 2 deg
rees of each other. I don't think I had this problem before. The radiator s
its in front of the oil cooler. What could be the problem ? The pressure ca

href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List";>http://www.matronhr
ef="http://forums.matronics.com";>http://forums.matronics.com
href="http://www.matronics.com/contribution";>http://www.matronics.com/c