Re: Europa-List: Mandatory mod no 72

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mandatory mod no 72
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 16:19:18

Carl Pattinson wrote:

>If its a mandatory mod, why havent Europa written to us and why havent we
>been sent the requisite parts. BTW are we talking about monos or trigears
>or both???
>
>We had enough of this aggro when we were building the aircraft - about 60
>or so mods from memory (yes, we were one of the early ones (no49!!!).

My sentiments entirely. I always assumed that the original designers knew
what they were doing, but we are being informed at regular intervals about
one failure after another of major components.
What exactly is the point of having the PFA. They passed the Europa with
flying colours, and yet, some of the parts were obviously underdesigned. I
always thought that the engine frame looked kind of flimsy, and I guess the
nosegear frame will be next to bite the dust.
Has anyone got more details about the aircraft where this failure occurred ?
  Was it a trigear, and what suspension did it have ?

Karl