Europa-List: Vacuum pump leaking

Subject: Europa-List: Vacuum pump leaking
From: KARL HEINDL <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 22:15:46

I noticed a small amount of oil leaking from the Rapco vacuum pump (on
912S). It is coming out of
the openings at the side, and also from the metal to metal seal between it
and the gearbox. The pump
was installed a long time ago and the engine hasn't flown yet. Have only
done warmups and midrange
rpm. I didn't think there would be any oil going to the external drive. Does
it indicate something more
sinister, like a broken seal in the gearbox ?

The pump isn't vital at this stage, but what about the engine ?

Please help, anyone, if you have an answer.

Cheers,  Karl Heindl,  392 tri in Canada

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger